Thursday, March 13, 2008

Weekend Ketchup

I took the cue from Redneck Vamp to do a recap of my weekend. It's taken me almost all week to get it done...

Friday
You don't see that everyday...


Normally, my Friday starts at 5:30 AM. Okay, I hit snooze until 5:45 and then start my day.

Not today. Today was a special day. I got up at 4:40 AM, took my shower, threw on some clothes and was out the door by 5:20. Since I don't drive, I had to take at least 2 busses to the County hospital to be there by 7. I was out and about before Tim Horton's was open, and before most of the busses were running!

I've been waiting for this day for at least a semester and a half. Today was Autopsy Day!! So I meet up with some of my fellow students and we arrive at the hospital about 5 minutes before Instructor. He then informs us that there may not be an autopsy today.

OH HELL NO. I specifically broke the request off rule at work to see an autopsy. Dammit, if I have anything to say about it, there WILL be an autopsy today even if I have to provide the body. The last time I requested off, there was supposed to be a K9 demonstration which was cancelled. That's one of the things that really pisses me off. Don't tell me to be somewhere and then nothing happens, or it's cancelled. It's like when I'm taking applications for one of my apartments and they make an appointment - just to blow it off.

We went down to the Medical Examiner's office and we got lucky. Although, unlucky for the woman that happened to be on the table. She was a victim of her own stupidity, driving drunk and somehow flipped the car into a ditch.

The doctor was extremely efficient, the entire autopsy took about an hour. With very swift strokes of the scalpel, she was open in like 2 seconds. I think they took out her spleen first, or maybe it was her ovaries... I remember looking at the intestines and thinking "I'm not going to eat Italian sausage for a while..." Just like on TV, they weighed every organ. The liver is pretty big, I had no idea it was like that. She was very healthy, he let us know that every organ was the proper color and there was nothing wrong with any of them. Except the lungs. On average, our lungs should weigh about 300 kg (I hope it was kg). She had flipped her car into a ditch with about 2 feet of water in it and drowned. Since her lungs were full of water, they weighed baout 4 times as much. The brain was a pretty pinky color. The kidneys, liver, and lungs were pretty much the same color - that dark reddish brown.

Because she was not an organ donor, he put her organs into a biohazard bag. Those bags are NOT biodegradable. I asked because the bag was placed back into her body before they sewed her up.

Afterwards, a few of us went down to the Boulevard to do some shopping. Me, Senorita and Gimp went to the dollar store, the craft stores, and Party City. We had to get stuff for our school's semester bash which is "sponsored" by our Campus Club. We're having a luau this semester, which is REALLY stupid cuz it's the day after St. Patty's day. It drives me nuts because I'm the President and they all just went along with the luau. No one really suggested anything else.


Saturday
"Today's forecast...

calls for blizzard like conditions. Be sure to stay indoors, folks." And where can one find Kiki? Out in the shit. Trying to make her way to the bus stop to get to Dollie's house for dinner and a movie. Because we couldn't wait to see each other any longer.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't missed my first bus and then had to walk through 6 inches of slush and snow. I wouldn't have missed my first bus if I had gotten ready like 10 minutes earlier. Except for the fact that everyone all of a sudden just HAD to talk to me. WTF! No phone calls ALL week. Then BLAM-O. The little fucker's ringing off the hook. I took the next bus, which would leave me way short of walking distance to her house. She had to send Daddy-O to pick me up from the last stop. My hero!!

My beautiful wife Dollie is a great cook! We had cranberry chicken, cheesy scalloped potatoes and sugared baby carrots. For dessert, we had homemade marble cheesecake. We didn't get to watch any movies, but we looked through her extensive collection because I've never seen Silence of the Lambs (or any other Hannibal related movies). I was going to borrow them, but got distracted with her computer (it's having issues) and forgot to grab the movies.

I was supposed to go hang out with Paisan today, but she won't drive in this weather. I don't blame her. A day fit for neither man nor beast, but you'll find one crazy Kiki out there!!


Sunday
Ahhh...


Not much got done on Sunday. Just went and did a bit of grocery shopping and spent time with M. He likes it when I do that. :)

No comments:

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors