Friday, August 17, 2007

My Girl Jessie


It's final. She let us know that she was ready. She stopped eating. She stopped drinking. She couldnt even get up. M carried her out to the yard where she started to shake (like dogs do after a bath) and she just fell over.

He made the appointment for 9:45 this morning. I had to be at work today, but for her I ran to the vets office to be with them. This is M's first dog and he took it really hard when they gave her the shot. I had forgotten how quickly that stuff works. The only other time I have ever seen him cry that hard was when his father died.

I should not have taken that last look before leaving the room. I looked her in the eye, and could not see the light that always shined in her eyes. She is going to go hang out with my FIL and run and play and eat all kinds of cookies and chocolate. Yes, she loved chocolate. I know it is supposed to be bad for dogs, but nothing ever happened to her.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss.

I love doggies. I'm glad you did the humane thing for her, but I know it hurts...

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors