Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday already?!

Beltane/Beltaine Greetings to my fellow Pagans! May you have a wonderful day! These sabbats always sneak up on me....




A new semester starts for me today. It's my last semester at this college! YAY!! I only have two and a half classes this time around. It sounds silly to have half a class, but it's only an hour long and it's for internship. I'm hoping that I get an internship at my local police department.

The good thing about only have two classes is that I will have plenty of time to write any research papers that might be thrown at me. I never did finish two of the ones from last semester, and I paid the price. But unlike most of my fellow students, I realize that my grades are MY responsibility/fault - not the instructor's. I pass because of the effort I put into my classes.

I bought the Sims for my PC, so that I could have something to do between classes and stay out of trouble. My internship class is at 4, then the next class is at 7:45. On another day, I work until 4:30, then class is at 7:45. So I have some time to kill. It makes no sense for me to go home before class (I don't drive - I know, hush) so I'm just going to stay at school.


I've been working on a lamp that I've had in mind for a few months now. Yes, Kiki is crafty. Now you know my secret. I like to make things. Being crafty actually calms me down. Give me some yarn, or glue, or glitter, and I'm a happy camper.

Anywho, it uses MRI film on the lampshade. At least I think that's what it is - it's of my mom's spine, and it looks like xray sheets, just multiple slices of her. It's almost done, it just needs the lamp fixture set into the base. I hope to get it done tonight, along with Boss Troll's button thingy for the new meme that I am hoping he likes.

No comments:

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors