Friday, September 14, 2007

Ti-i-i-ime is on my side. Yes it is.

Cuz I went and got my stupid ass fired. And over such teeny tiny little action. I had a strange feeling when YoungBuck handed me my check. "I'm going to be let go today" flashed through my head. I don't know what made me think that, but I never thought it would be true.

It all started last Thursday. (do the itsy bitsy spider rain movement to indicate a flashback) Fire Marshall Dickhead was inspecting the place and when he came into my office, he said there were two rooms that had daisy-chained surge protectors. I told him there shouldn't be any, because me and a former co-worker checked all the rooms.

He says "You doubt my eagle eye?" I told him that yes I did. "Well you can get up and I'll show you, or you can just say 'I'm sorry and I'll fix it.'" I said "I'm sorry, and I'll fix it." He then left my office and when he was further down the hall, I stuck my tongue out at him. Unfortunately, my manager (who doesn't have a sense of humor) was standing right in front of me. She had a chance to say something then and there.

Fast forward to today. She waited a whole week before canning me. Stating that I was rude to him, unprofessional and the tongue was over the top. And how would it look when he returned and the employee who was rude to him still worked there? I know that she has been trying little ways to try and get me to quit, because I was the "wild child" of the company. I pretty much played by my own rules, bending to theirs when I needed to. Her biggest problem with me is that I am not a "Yes Man" and I don't kiss ass.

But it's okay. Cuz that place is going to be chaos and I'm still going to be around to watch it happen.

Have a great weekend everybody!!!
Mwah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your job!!! That's terrible... and you're right, that does seem a little petty to fire someone over!

I hope you find a new job quickly.

Bunny said...

I'm so sorry about the job! I hope you find something better real soon. {HUG}

Kiki said...

Thanks Jon and Bunny - I'm going to take a little time off before finding a new job. It's been a while since I took more than a week long vacation. Thanks for the support!

Mwah!

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors