Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weekend Ketchup - Updated!!

Friday

I colored my hair! It's not purple, cuz I don't think the police station where I hope to do my internship would appreciate it. I was up til about 1:30 totally NOT working on my papers, all of which are past due.

Edit: Old hair color: (not the best shot of the back of my head...)
Plain. Brown. Boring.



Saturday

I went to class and took my final. Edit: I really didn't like the class. It was a bit boring and not really worth having on a Saturday. The class, like all other classes held at this college, started out with quite a few people. Refund checks arrived and then there was a dramatic drop in attendance. I think I must be the only one that goes to class on a regular basis. Nerd!!

Went to lunch with my aunts. Edit: Aunt M came in from out of town. She's the middle child. My DNA Sponsor is the oldest and Aunt S is the youngest. My grandmother passed away almost 4 years ago. Being around the fam has been a ton o' fun.

NOT.

When Grams passed, the fam found out about Gramps' friend, SideAction. They were friends for about 15 years. YEARS. I don't even know if anyone knew. I had a feeling when Gramps went in for surgery, and she was there. Anywho, they were both very quick to rid the house of Grams stuff. Didn't even think to ask anyone if anyone wanted any of her things. Just started tossin' things as if they couldn't be rid of her quickly enough.

Aunt S inherited the house and then moved her things in shortly after. She put a lot of money into the house cuz Gramps never finished it. He left things half done. She had the kitchen de-molded and painted, the house sided, the basement waterproofed, a new living room window and door installed, and a front porch put in. That's a lot of work.

So why do Gramps and SideAction decide that they need to go into the house, after they've been living at SideAction's house? So now Aunt S had to change the locks. Gramps and S haven't spoken for maybe 3 months. So I brought reinforcements with me to run interference. (M and the kiddles). Luckily, we went to a buffet for lunch so we weren't all at one table feeling awkward.

A few hours later, I went to Dollie's house for a sex toy party. She made some damn good food. Cheeseburger buns, cream cheese rollups with salsa, floating island punch, chicken wing dip, taco dip and this bacon pull apart bread (not so good).

M and I have this unspoken agreement about money. This saves time and arguements about who spends what. We usually discuss how much is being spent on particular items. Especially big ticket items. Toys aren't really big ticket items, but since our tax returns are getting close to being nearly spent I thought I'd ask if I had a limit. I know, I know. I should know the status of my bank account. He's been doing more of his part by actually paying bills (a rarity)

You're still there?
Yeah, I'm still here.
Is that Cuzzin in the background?
No, she never called me back. Did you get my text? I just wanted to know if I had a limit.
Yeah, I got it. Whatever. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later.
Oh. Okay...

I was extremely upset by that and started crying. Something has been going on with him lately. I'm not quite sure what, and I know that he'll say that things are fine. He doesn't do well with confrontation. And like many other men, he won't admit when there is a problem.

So, I made myself feel better by spending $75 AND getting my hair cut. Miss JJ is wonderful, I love my new look!

Edit: New color and cut! Intense Auburn!!




Sunday

Family went to dinner at M's aunt's house because Baby Girl is going to be "sweet 16" this week. (run for your lives!!!)

(I'm going to expand on this more later, got a paper to finish while I'm working... shhhhhh don't tell my boss! Screw the paper.)

5 comments:

- said...

so coooooool! even if it's not purple (lol) i'm glad u got your hair cut & colored & i cant wait to see the pics.

now have fun with finishing that paper (not!) ; ) *muah

h said...

I like the hair AND the nick-name "SideAction". Classic. Grrrherhahahahha!

VOTE TROLL!

Kiki said...

It was the only "nice" thing I could think of to call her. I've thought about torturing DNA sponsor with that, by saying "here's your new mommy" but that might be way too sadistic :)

Ashly Star said...

I love the color and the cut looks nice too. I love any kind of red shading or color in hair for the most part so I'm probably biased. Oh well. =D

Oh and I tagged you darlin. Sorry, lol. =)

Bella Dreamer said...

Screw the paper!

Hot hair; cute and color!

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors