Monday, April 27, 2009

Wedding, Fatties, and Book Club

Wedding
It doesn't seem as if it's been a month since Dollie's wedding. The hall she rented was about 5 miles north of East Jah-hunga. The owner of the place was a real bitch. She kept going on and on about traditional weddings, and what other people always do. Dollie and her Leprechaun are by no means traditional. Her wedding colors were red, white and black. Her bouquet had black roses.

The song she chose for the processional was "As the Cold Rain Falls" by Tiger Army. Her choice for the recessional was the Munsters theme song. Like I said, totally NOT traditional. All Dollie's choices really irked Hall Owner for some reason. All of us wanted to smack her and tell her to shut the hell up.

The rehearsal was on Thursday March 26. Friday the 27th was set aside for a day of rest and relaxation. Dollie got a hotel room, that included use of the spa (YES!) and a pool. That spa was sooo nice and hot! I wish I was sitting in it right now.

Even though our state doesn't allow for smoking indoors in public places, this room was a smoking-allowed room. The smokers loved it. They don't smoke inside their own houses, so that was a real treat for them. Unfortunately, when I did smoke I smoked inside. (bad Kiki! someone spank me! :D )

The wedding turned out beautifully, and we all looked great.


They are so happy. I tried so hard not to be jealous, because she got to marry her best friend. Hub said he wasn't attending the wedding because it was a dry wedding. Both Dollie and Lep are recovering addicts, so no booze for them at any shin-dig they throw.

I sent Hub a pic that I took with my camera phone, and said "this is me, missing you" because I hadn't seen him since the Wednesday before the wedding. His response - OIC. FUCK. Why do I let this kind of shit happen to me? I must be masochistic.


Fatties

I joined Weight Watchers the Wednesday before the wedding. Even with all the food I ate, I actually lost 3.8 pounds! Not bad for my first weigh-in. Week 3 was just under half that. Week 4 was even worse! Like the lady said, "Down is down." My total for 4 weeks is 5.6 pounds.

I've gotten myself back on track this past week. Baby Girl did a walk-a-thon yesterday for Kids Escaping Drugs. I did my own little walk-a-thon. I can't tell you where just yet, it would ruin next week's Mute Monday. I will say that I walked for a total of about 4 hours all together. Her walk was only 1 hour. :D


Book Club

Not really a book club, but it seems like it. "Members" include Dollie, me, Red, Sweetie, and KDog. All the members of the wedding party! We were all reading the Twilight series, even though I said I'd never read it. Curiosity got the better of me. I had to know why every pre-teen, teen, and their mothers were obsessing over this series.

What made it hard for us all to discuss elements of each book was the fact that not all of us were on the same book. Now, we're all finished. And we've all moved on to different books, without discussing anything further of Twilight.

No comments:

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors