Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Feast 180

Appetizer
Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?
I don't remember if I've ever successfully pulled off a prank. Usually, things like that backfire on me so I try not to do them.

Soup
What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?
Which ones? I have a lot of salt & pepper shakers. I collect them. I have ones that look like Mickey and Minnie, ones that look like apples, ones that look like garlic, turkeys, bunnies, halloween ones, christmas ones, crystal ones,

Salad
Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?
I'd like to go to Hawaii.

Main Course
What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?
I think I have eczema like my son. My fingers used to get really dry just in the winter, but for the past few years they are extremely dry and cracked all year long. It hurts. Lately, I've been using Johnson and Johnson First Aid Skin Crack ointment. It's kinda greasy at first, but it does help. I'm open to suggestions...

Dessert
Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.

Shit Balls
2 boxes (12 oz ea.) vanilla wafers, crushed
2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 cup dark rum
2 cups light or dark corn syrup
1 bag chocolate chips

Stir vanilla wafer crumbs, nuts, confectioner’s sugar, cocoa, and chocolate chips . Starting with half the rum and half the corn syrup, Gradually stir in liquids, adding a little at a time.

Stir together and check the consistency. When you can roll the mixture into a 1 inch ball, don't add any more rum or syrup. You may not have to use all the liquids, and you don't want the balls to be too sticky.

Shape into 1 inch balls.
Makes approximately 9 dozen.


2 comments:

h said...

Shit balls sound good!

Kiki said...

:) I havent had them with chocolate chips yet, but they really do sound good. I might make some this weekend.

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors