Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Good Times

This week started out with thoughts of how the days were going to be spent between families, the actual holiday, and work. Here is what the week is supposed to look:

Sunday - grocery shopping, last minute Christmas shopping, laundry and house cleaning.
Monday - more last minute shopping, going to M's aunt's house for lunch, and then to my aunt's house for dinner.
Tuesday - make a big breakfast to torture the ungrateful children, unwrap the gifts (some of which will be wrapped while seriously buzzed or drunk), more house cleaning, trying to pry the children from their various gifts (or normal teenage Klingon cloaking behavior), turkey dinner and movies
Wednesday - go to work, organize my various repository areas of crafty items, clean the mess that I made while cleaning.
Thursday - go to MILs house, hope that no one gets into a fight, have dinner and come home
Friday - go to work, organize my various repository areas of crafty items, clean the mess that I made while cleaning.
Saturday - go to work, organize my various repository areas of crafty items, clean the mess that I made while cleaning.

I'm tired from typing all that...

This turned out to be the best Christmas Eve ever. I got to spend the evening with my mother's family. Something that I haven't been able to do since I was too small do anything more than think that I vaguely remember Christmas Eve at my Gramma's. I have pictures of Christmas past at Gramma's, but cannot actually remember being there. More on that later. Gramma, aunts and uncles, cousins, tons of kids - from teenagers to babies; all running around waiting for Santa. Good food, drinks, laughter, and family.

That's what it's all about. So here's to my readers - May you have a joyous holiday filled with love, laughter, and peace. I'm off to enjoy my sugarplum memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! :)

Kiki said...

Happy Holidays to you too darlin'!!!

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors