Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Time

I love summer. Actually I love all the seasons, but at the moment summer is my favorite. There is a farmer's market held every Tuesday and Thursday just down the street from my job. I bought some raspberries and kettle corn today.

I ate one single berry while walking back to work. I closed my eyes, and savored the sweet juicy bit of heaven. Using my tongue, I mash the berry against the roof of my mouth, marveling at the texture of the berry. Images of being out in the country picking berries with my sister-in-law flash through my mind. I can feel the sun on my skin, I can smell the warm earth and grass near the berry bushes. All that in one breath.

I cannot wait for the county fair. I love fair food. All that deep fried, sugary, unhealthy goodness! Fried dough, cotton candy, candy apples, barbeque chicken, corn on the cob - YUM!!!

2 comments:

Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

Cotton Candy is my favorite, I always buy a monster bag, eat it there, then buy another for home.

Kiki said...

Mrs. Z - have you ever had maple cotton candy? OOOOOOOOOO heaven in a bag!!!

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors