Monday, May 4, 2009

Mute Monday - Guess the Place IMG HEAVY

People are dying to get in here. Just have to give me the name of it. Go ahead, Google it. I'll wait.

It's Forest Lawn Cemetary in Buffalo, NY.










(Edward) Cullen's Crypt?


The poor turtle I almost stepped on, because I thought it was a rock.



The Three Graces


Peter "Rabbit"


Jesse Ketchum




How ironic is this tombstone?! :D





I'm Rick James, Bitch!




Giuseppe Verdi




13th President - Millard Fillmore





Edward Hutchinson





Can't have Edward without Bella




Glad it's not Mee, but Yu...


A monument that looks like a tree stump


Volunteer Firefighter's Memorial




Blocher Memorial






Red Jacket

8 comments:

Buzz Kill said...

Even though you're not officially up over at the Troll Report, I decided to check out yyour post early. Quite a lot of interesting monuments. And Rick James - too funny, but I guess not for him. All I'll say is that my post has a connection to your post and there's more lawn than forest here.

Happy MM!

Ree said...

What is with the couches? They don't look too comfortable.

Happy Mute Monday!

Kiki said...

Buzz - Nice play on words. I was hoping that his monument would actually say "I'm Rick James, bitch!". I had trouble finding him.

Ree - They really weren't comfy, but I still thought they looked interesting enough to photograph :D

h said...

Really outstanding original photographs. And glad you weren't entirely mute!

Happy Mute Monday!

P.S. I love wandering around old cemetaries. St. Augie has a nice one.

Jenny said...

I love old cemetaries too. The white angel lifting the person? AMAZING. These are all beautiful images, great idea. Are these all from the same place? Forest Lawn? No. I'll be back for the answer.

Kiki said...

Boss Troll - It's a huge cemetary. I've never walked through it before last week. It turned out to be a 4 hour walk!

Boxer - yes, these are all from the same cemetary, and yer right. (so is Buzz) I think next time I'll stand right next to that statue, just to see how big it really is.

Vixen said...

Ha! I was able to actually guess this one! LOL

Fascinating pics to look through. HappyMonday! :)

Bear said...

I'm a bit late finishing my rounds, time zones and other distractions. I would have had to google some of the names to get this, but I just love the idea.

Happy MM.

AmazingCounters.com Curious Visitors